August is National Immunization Awareness Month (NIAM) and the month is targeted to give emphasis to the importance of immunization. For 50 years, over a billion lives have been saved through immunization in the United States. The National Public Health Coalition (NPHIC), in collaboration with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) work hard to educate people of the importance of immunizations during August and throughout the year by developing an online toolkit designed with information you may need regarding any immunization.
- July/ August – Back to School! Are you ready? Make sure those vaccines records are up to date!
- July 31 – August 6 – Babies and Young Children: A healthy start begins with on-time vaccinations.
- August 7-13 – Pregnant Women: Protect yourself and pass protection on to your baby.
- August 14-20 – Adults: Vaccines are not just kids.
- August 21-27 – Preteens/ Teens: Ensure a healthy future with vaccines.