September 27th is National Women’s Health and Fitness Day and its focus is to promote regular exercise and healthy living for women of all ages. Although there will be local events all over the country, Health.com
has provided 12 things you can do at home to celebrate and practice your own healthy lifestyle:
1. Try a new sport which can help you discover a hobby or just simply mix up your workout routine.
2. Get your thyroid checked because a sluggish or hyperactive thyroid can affect your concentration, mood and/or weight.
3. Eat some superfoods like broccoli, apples, turnips, etc. that can help you lose weight, fight colds and boost your overall health.
4. Take a nap because sleep is good for the body and sometimes you might need a few catnaps.
5. Get a workout buddy so you don’t have to do it alone. Exercising will be more fun with a friend and help keep you motivated.
6. Pamper yourself! Creating DIY facials is a great way to relax and spend some time on yourself.
7. Consume calcium and vitamin D to keep your bones strong and healthy.
8. Stay hydrated! If you’re not a fan of drinking 8 glasses of water a day, find different juicy-water filled drinks/foods to have instead.
9. Toast some squash seeds because they are full of good nutrients like iron, fiber and zinc.
10. Get a massage to help relieve the stress from your body which can lead to weight gain and even hair loss.
11. Give your back a break by lighting up your purse or doing some back exercises to help prevent any back injuries from starting.
12. Eat some chocolate! Not only is it yummy but dark chocolate has a lot of health benefits and lift your mood.
Read more about these 12 things you can do to improve your health here
« Back to Blog Index