The Acorn 180 Stairlift
The Acorn 180 Stairlift is the most innovative stairlift in the world. A true technological breakthrough.
The Acorn 180 Stairlift can be installed on virtually any staircase, including curves, multiple landings, and more. Each Acorn 180 Stairlift is designed and installed to your precise requirements.
Want the stairlift to take you down the hall to your bedroom? The Acorn 180 can do that. Want it to take you into your living room? It can do that too.
- FastTrack® easy, next day installation*
- Requires no structural changes to your home
- Affordable and reliable
- Buy direct from the manufacturer
- 12-month warranty
A wealth of features for your benefit
- Padded seat and backrest for maximum comfort.
- Can be operated with the lightest of touches. Perfect for those with limited dexterity.
- A safety belt is installed on all of our stairlifts, so you feel secure at all times.
- Our slim fold away design has folding arms, seat and footrest, so other people can continue to use the stairs.
- A lockable swivel seat means you can get on and off your stairlift without twisting your body.
- Our modular rail system is secured directly to the stairs, not to the wall. So there's no structural damage to your home.
- Modular rail allows the rail portion of the lift to be quickly assembled from stock components, enabling faster delivery and an installation time to suit you.
- Safety sensors on the footrest and carriage stop the stairlift automatically if any obstruction is encountered.
- Hand-held remote controls allow users to call or send the lift up and down the staircase. Perfect for sharing with a loved one.
|B||Height of Seat||17.25|
|C||Overall depth (from wall)||25.25|
|D||Overall depth (when folded)||13.25|
|E||Width of footrest||14.75|
|G||Depth of seat||16|
This stairlift is independently tested to comply with:
- BS EN 81-40:2008 - European safety standard - 'Specification for powered stairlifts'.
- CE mark - Acorn Stairlift meets the requirements of the applicable European Directive(s).
- ISO 9386:2-2000 International standard for stairlifts.
UL - Standard(s) for Safety:
- ASME A17.5, Elevator and Escalator Electrical Equipment
- ASME A18.1, Safety Standard for Platform Lifts and Stairway Chairlifts
- CSA B44.1-14, Elevator and Escalator Electrical Equipment
- CSA B355-15, Lifts for Persons with Physical Disabilities
- CSA B613-00, Private residence Lifts for Persons with Physical Disabilities
- IEC 60529, Degrees of Protection Required by Enclosure
|Motor output speed||4.8 inches per second - No greater than 5.9 inches per second|
|Method of drive||Rack & pinion|
|Power supply||24V DC (battery)|
|Track||Modular rail, extruded aluminium|
|Main supply||50-60Hz, 100-240V AC|
*NOTE: Acorn in keeping with its policy of continual development, reserves the right to change specification without notice. All measurements are approximate.
Automatic Powered Hinge
If there is a doorway near the foot of the stairs the optional automatic powered hinged rail is ideal.
The lower section of the rail folds up and out of the way automatically as the stairlift travels up and down the staircase, allowing greater access at the foot of the stairs. The powered hinge raises and lowers automatically as the stairlift travels up and down the staircase.
When the stairlift is not is use, the rail is neatly out of the way and causes no obstruction.
Mary Ann G. -
I could not have asked for a more considerate, information and helpful people I visited with in person or by telephone. My family is like this. Every aspect was addressed Sid,Katie,Steve,Brad and Chris were so very nice and wanted to help with pricing,description,installation.
Janie P. -
It changed my life completely. How wonderful to be able to go downstairs anytime I want or need because I no longer have to rely on my husband to do my laundry, get things from our extra freezers or holiday decorations. Thank you for giving me my freedom back!
Janice W -
I spend a lot of time doing hand crafts in my basement which almost came to a halt until I got my chair lift.
Mary W. -
It's great! It will help me and my spouse a lot! Your salesman and installer were great, explained everything well! Thank you very much!! I will refer you to other people who need help!
Mary - Pennsylvania
Your sales consultant (sorry I do not know her name) was very professional and helpful. The client advisor- Alan F*******- was very professional, patient & helpful. The installer; Christ F*****- was also very professional & helpful.
Robert S. -
We were very impressed with the enthusiasm and knowledge of the sales and installation personnel. Dan, our installer, was very prompt, courteous and knowledgeable. He didn't leave until he was sure we fully understood and were comfortable with the use of the stairlift. We've only had it a couple days, but we have used it a number of times and are very pleased to finally have access to our lower level.
I phoned Acorn Stairlift Company on Monday 6/19 to get some information on your chairlifts. After seeing it advertised on TV. The gentleman was very polite and courteous and set up an appointment on 6/20 for the client advisior to come out and talk to us. Michael T***** was right on time and did a great job explaining everything to us and answering our questions. He in turn set up 6/21 as our installation fday for our chairlift. We couldn't have asked for better service. We were very pleased from the first phone call to the day of installation.
Helen Z. -
Both gentlemen and phone reps were extremely polite, business-like and personable. Installation went exactly as described. This company gets a 5-star rating from me. Now it will be so much easier for my mother-in-law to come visit our home.
Karan M -
I feel it is well made and travels faster than I expected. It makes me feel more secure in going downstairs to the basement.