The Acorn 180 Stairlift
The Acorn 180 Stairlift is the most innovative stairlift in the world. A true technological breakthrough.
The Acorn 180 Stairlift can be installed on virtually any staircase, including curves, multiple landings, and more. Each Acorn 180 Stairlift is designed and installed to your precise requirements.
Want the stairlift to take you down the hall to your bedroom? The Acorn 180 can do that. Want it to take you into your living room? It can do that too.
- FastTrack® easy, next day installation*
- Requires no structural changes to your home
- Affordable and reliable
- Buy direct from the manufacturer
- 12-month warranty
A wealth of features for your benefit
- Padded seat and backrest for maximum comfort.
- Can be operated with the lightest of touches. Perfect for those with limited dexterity.
- A safety belt is installed on all of our stairlifts, so you feel secure at all times.
- Our slim fold away design has folding arms, seat and footrest, so other people can continue to use the stairs.
- A lockable swivel seat means you can get on and off your stairlift without twisting your body.
- Our modular rail system is secured directly to the stairs, not to the wall. So there's no structural damage to your home.
- Modular rail allows the rail portion of the lift to be quickly assembled from stock components, enabling faster delivery and an installation time to suit you.
- Safety sensors on the footrest and carriage stop the stairlift automatically if any obstruction is encountered.
- Hand-held remote controls allow users to call or send the lift up and down the staircase. Perfect for sharing with a loved one.
|B||Height of Seat||17.25|
|C||Overall depth (from wall)||25.25|
|D||Overall depth (when folded)||13.25|
|E||Width of footrest||14.75|
|G||Depth of seat||16|
This stairlift is independently tested to comply with:
- BS EN 81-40:2008 - European safety standard - 'Specification for powered stairlifts'.
- CE mark - Acorn Stairlift meets the requirements of the applicable European Directive(s).
- ASME compliant for mechanical and electrical hazards - ASME A18.1 and A17.5.
|Motor output speed||4.8 inches per second - No greater than 5.9 inches per second|
|Method of drive||Rack & pinion|
|Power supply||24V DC (battery)|
|Track||Modular rail, extruded aluminium|
|Main supply||50-60Hz, 100-240V AC|
*NOTE: Acorn in keeping with its policy of continual development, reserves the right to change specification without notice. All measurements are approximate.
Automatic Powered Hinge
If there is a doorway near the foot of the stairs the optional automatic powered hinged rail is ideal.
The lower section of the rail folds up and out of the way automatically as the stairlift travels up and down the staircase, allowing greater access at the foot of the stairs. The powered hinge raises and lowers automatically as the stairlift travels up and down the staircase.
When the stairlift is not is use, the rail is neatly out of the way and causes no obstruction.
I was very impressed by the speed and quality of service initially on the phone. Then the speed of service with respect to quotation and installation. Both John (quote) and Bruce (installation) were extremely polite and helpful.
Ian - Vermont
The young man that installed my stairlift was very polite and friendly. He explained everything to my satisfaction. Also, he cleaned up everything before he left. I will recommend Acorn to anyone who needs this kind of help.
John - New York
The stairlift has allowed us to stay in our home and not downsize. I find the chair easy to use and very helpful. I am no longer winded when at the top of our stairs. I should have allowed my family to get the stairlift years ago.
David R -
I have Parkinson's Disease and I was afraid I was going to tumble down the stairs and get hurt or break something. The Acorn Stairlift has given me back the freedom in my own house. I no longer need for a family member to be present if I want to go up or down my stairs. I belive the stairlift will help me be able to stay in my home longer.
From start to finished I was impressed
Sam R -
It's great! It will help me and my spouse a lot! Your salesman and installer were great, explained everything well! Thank you very much!! I will refer you to other people who need help!
Mary - Pennsylvania
Our Acorn Stairlift is a real blessing to us. We are so relieved to know we don't have to worry about going up and down the stair steps. We love our stairlift!
William D. -
Just installed. Incredible technology. Solves my stair climbing problem with severe low-back pain.
Donald - North Carolina
Overall, a wonderful experience. Our installation was very prompt and the installer was delightful.