Why a Stairlift?
At Acorn we have been manufacturing and installing stairlifts for over 20 years.
All Acorn Stairlifts are easy to use, easy to maintain, and all feature the very best in design, engineering, and safety.
Like other satisfied customers worldwide, you'll wonder why you hadn't chosen an Acorn Stairlift sooner!Get a FREE Quote Today
- FastTrack® easy next day installation*
- Stairlifts that fit to the stairs, not the wall
- Easy to use with low running costs
- Affordable, installed quickly and built to last
- Regain the freedom you deserve
Some common stairlift myths
- At Acorn we have invested heavily in state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to make owning a stairlift affordable for anyone.
- Our solutions are installed in hours with no changes to your home or damage to decor.
- Quiet, easy operation and power efficiency come standard on all Acorn Stairlifts.
- It's more common than you think to have a stairlift. They are becoming more popular than ever. In fact, every 8 minutes, a new Acorn Stairlift is being installed somewhere around the world. We have over 500,000 satisfied customers!
Key features to look for
Easy to use controlsAll our stairlifts have been tested by real users and awarded with the Arthritis Foundation's prestigious ease-of-use commendation.
The display can be easily used to check the status of the stairlift, as well as being used to easily diagnose faults.
Fitted to the footplate and carriage base, these react by stopping the stairlift if it meets an obstruction.
Swivel seat & safety belt
Makes getting on and off the seat easier and safer.
The seat seat also acts as an additional safety barrier when leaving the stairlift at the top of the stairs.
Why choose Acorn?
- Locally based network of advisors & installers.
- Our stairlifts use innovative FastTrack® technology.
- World leading solutions for any staircase type.
- Over 20 years experience.
- Clean, quiet & easy to use.
- 7 days a week, 365 days a year customer service.
- Response to enquiries within 24 hours.
What our customers say
Very positive. It is a life saver. Has given me back my independent life. Do not have to ask anyone to do or get something for me. My husband and I can stay in our 2 story home.
Roslyn - Maryland
We can't say enough about our Acorn Stairlift. It's just wonderful and has erased so much worry.
Edward & Lisa - Wisconsin
The best present I could ever give myself. It's a wonderful thing so people can stay in their homes and feel safe regarding the stairs. I would recommend it to everyone. Can't say enough about it!
Joan C -
We were very impressed with the enthusiasm and knowledge of the sales and installation personnel. Dan, our installer, was very prompt, courteous and knowledgeable. He didn't leave until he was sure we fully understood and were comfortable with the use of the stairlift. We've only had it a couple days, but we have used it a number of times and are very pleased to finally have access to our lower level.
I'm amazed with how helpful, understanding and accommodating every staff member I had contact with was during the entire proces!
Larry W. -
I was very impressed by the speed and quality of service initially on the phone. Then the speed of service with respect to quotation and installation. Both John (quote) and Bruce (installation) were extremely polite and helpful.
Ian - Vermont
Very satisfied and will recommend to others.
Earl - Illinois
We suddenly needed to do something to access the upstairs, the shower and bedroom. I had cut out the ad in AARP magazine, and was considering whether we could afford it and would it work in our home. I looked online at the video then called the phone number within a week we had 2 stairlifts put in. Everyone was helpful. They truly takes the worry out of getting upstairs.
Nancy - Indiana
My life is so much easier now that stairs are no longer a problem!
Jane L. -
No more climbing the stairs on my hands and feet due to the excruciating pain from back and legs. God has answered my prayers. Thank you Acorn!
Gloria - Pennsylvania
What is the Ease-of-Use Commendation?
Acorn Stairlifts understand that our number one priority is helping our customers to maintain their independence by overcoming the difficulty with their stairs. By taking the time to speak with each person and get to know their situations and needs, we have come to know that there are many, many reasons why a person may benefit from an Acorn Stairlift.
The Ease-of-Use Program at a glance
The Arthritis Foundation created the Ease-of-Use Program to encourage manufacturers to design user-friendly products and packaging that could be recommended to the millions of people living with arthritis.
The process begins with the manufacturer submitting a product to the Arthritis Foundation for an extensive scientific evaluation. The sole purpose of this evaluation is to determine, quite simply, how easy to use a given product is for people with arthritis. The testing process is as follows:
- Each product is evaluated by a team of scientists, who test them against a number of 'pass' or 'fail' requirements, specific to the type of product under evaluation. For example, how easy is it to open a medicine bottle or to operate a stationary bike?
- The scientists then assess and establish user tasks based on every manner in which someone with arthritis might use the product, from the point at which the product is removed from the packaging - yes, even the package itself is evaluated - through multiple uses.
- Finally, a team of eight testers who have moderate to severe arthritis are evaluated for grip, torque and muscle strength, endurance, pinch force and range of motion. The testers get to open and use the product, and then each is interviewed by the team of scientists to gather their feedback in a real-world setting.
The testing of our stairlifts included some of the following features:
What does this mean for Acorn Stairlifts as a company?
We have always said that our Acorn Stairlifts are comfortable and easy to use...now those points have been scientifically proven!
Currently, Acorn Stairlifts, is the ONLY stairlift manufacturer to earn the Ease-of-Use commendation. We understand that some of our competitors might try to follow suit, but we will always be able to say with confidence that we were the FIRST stairlift to earn it.
This is yet another effort that continues to prove that Acorn Stairlifts is the pioneer in the industry, always striving to stay ahead of the game, and to help our customers by providing the absolute best solution for their needs.
Which Acorn Stairlifts are covered?
Are there other stairlifts that have the commendation?
Currently, Acorn Stairlifts is the only stairlift on the market to have earned the Ease-of-Use commendation. It is yet another effort that continues to prove that Acorn Stairlifts is the pioneer in the industry, always striving to stay ahead of the game, and to help our customers by providing the best solution to their needs.
Learn more about the Arthritis Foundation
You can learn more about the Ease-of-Use Commendation and the Arthritis Foundation, please visit their website at arthritis.org