Why a Stairlift?
At Acorn we have been manufacturing and installing stairlifts for over 20 years.
All Acorn Stairlifts are easy to use, easy to maintain, and all feature the very best in design, engineering, and safety.
Like other satisfied customers worldwide, you'll wonder why you hadn't chosen an Acorn Stairlift sooner!Get a FREE Quote Today
- FastTrack® easy next day installation*
- Stairlifts that fit to the stairs, not the wall
- Easy to use with low running costs
- Affordable, installed quickly and built to last
- Regain the freedom you deserve
Some common stairlift myths
- At Acorn we have invested heavily in state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to make owning a stairlift affordable for anyone.
- Our solutions are installed in hours with no changes to your home or damage to decor.
- Quiet, easy operation and power efficiency come standard on all Acorn Stairlifts.
- It's more common than you think to have a stairlift. They are becoming more popular than ever. In fact, every 8 minutes, a new Acorn Stairlift is being installed somewhere around the world. We have over 500,000 satisfied customers!
Key features to look for
Easy to use controlsAll our stairlifts have been tested by real users and awarded with the Arthritis Foundation's prestigious ease-of-use commendation.
The display can be easily used to check the status of the stairlift, as well as being used to easily diagnose faults.
Fitted to the footplate and carriage base, these react by stopping the stairlift if it meets an obstruction.
Swivel seat & safety belt
Makes getting on and off the seat easier and safer.
The seat seat also acts as an additional safety barrier when leaving the stairlift at the top of the stairs.
Why choose Acorn?
- Locally based network of advisors & installers.
- Our stairlifts use innovative FastTrack® technology.
- World leading solutions for any staircase type.
- Over 20 years experience.
- Clean, quiet & easy to use.
- 7 days a week, 365 days a year customer service.
- Response to enquiries within 24 hours.
What our customers say
Reduced pain in legs caused by frequent trips to laundry in basement (Arthritis). The stairlift came in extra handy over Christmas since decorations are stored in basement. Excellent service from salesman and installation. They all seemed proud of your product. Information they gave was very helpful – They are well informed.
Jane - Indiana
Blake, the installer, worked quickly and efficiently and was polite and friendly. He explained the chair operations clearly and answered all questions to our satisfaction. He is an asset to your company.
Robert W. -
Your employees are very professional, friendly, knowledgeable. I bought the acorn to replace an 11 yr. old stairlift. Like the fact that the new Acorn doesn't need grease.
Kathryn S. -
The first real job I did with stairlift was to mail this letter and bring in the recycling and yard waste cans. It was a relief not having to trudge up the two flights of stairs all out of breath.
George T. -
Excellent piece of equipment
Edwin J. G. -
It made living in our home which we love longer. Will help me from falling down the stairs. The person George S***** who installed the stairlift made sure everything was right and that I could work the chair. Thanks for making a quality product.
John W. M. -
I have had it for 2 days and love it. It will sure help my over all health, hips and sore leg muscles
Susan S. -
I feel it is well made and travels faster than I expected. It makes me feel more secure in going downstairs to the basement.
William G. -
Ed N******* started the ball rolling by doing his best to get the service I needed. Zack L****** came to fix my problem and went above and beyond to make sure I was completely satisfied. Has problems with your company in the past but this was a 100% turn around in customer service.
Bill G. -
Sales rep was excellent in explaining all aspects of product. We were kept informed on the date & times of delivery. The installer was excellent!
Mary G. -
What is the Ease-of-Use Commendation?
Acorn Stairlifts understand that our number one priority is helping our customers to maintain their independence by overcoming the difficulty with their stairs. By taking the time to speak with each person and get to know their situations and needs, we have come to know that there are many, many reasons why a person may benefit from an Acorn Stairlift.
The Ease-of-Use Program at a glance
The Arthritis Foundation created the Ease-of-Use Program to encourage manufacturers to design user-friendly products and packaging that could be recommended to the millions of people living with arthritis.
The process begins with the manufacturer submitting a product to the Arthritis Foundation for an extensive scientific evaluation. The sole purpose of this evaluation is to determine, quite simply, how easy to use a given product is for people with arthritis. The testing process is as follows:
- Each product is evaluated by a team of scientists, who test them against a number of 'pass' or 'fail' requirements, specific to the type of product under evaluation. For example, how easy is it to open a medicine bottle or to operate a stationary bike?
- The scientists then assess and establish user tasks based on every manner in which someone with arthritis might use the product, from the point at which the product is removed from the packaging - yes, even the package itself is evaluated - through multiple uses.
- Finally, a team of eight testers who have moderate to severe arthritis are evaluated for grip, torque and muscle strength, endurance, pinch force and range of motion. The testers get to open and use the product, and then each is interviewed by the team of scientists to gather their feedback in a real-world setting.
The testing of our stairlifts included some of the following features:
What does this mean for Acorn Stairlifts as a company?
We have always said that our Acorn Stairlifts are comfortable and easy to use...now those points have been scientifically proven!
Currently, Acorn Stairlifts, is the ONLY stairlift manufacturer to earn the Ease-of-Use commendation. We understand that some of our competitors might try to follow suit, but we will always be able to say with confidence that we were the FIRST stairlift to earn it.
This is yet another effort that continues to prove that Acorn Stairlifts is the pioneer in the industry, always striving to stay ahead of the game, and to help our customers by providing the absolute best solution for their needs.
Which Acorn Stairlifts are covered?
Are there other stairlifts that have the commendation?
Currently, Acorn Stairlifts is the only stairlift on the market to have earned the Ease-of-Use commendation. It is yet another effort that continues to prove that Acorn Stairlifts is the pioneer in the industry, always striving to stay ahead of the game, and to help our customers by providing the best solution to their needs.
Learn more about the Arthritis Foundation
You can learn more about the Ease-of-Use Commendation and the Arthritis Foundation, please visit their website at arthritis.org