Why a Stairlift?
At Acorn we have been manufacturing and installing stairlifts for over 20 years.
All Acorn Stairlifts are easy to use, easy to maintain, and all feature the very best in design, engineering, and safety.
Like other satisfied customers worldwide, you'll wonder why you hadn't chosen an Acorn Stairlift sooner!Get a FREE Quote Today
- FastTrack® easy next day installation*
- Stairlifts that fit to the stairs, not the wall
- Easy to use with low running costs
- Affordable, installed quickly and built to last
- Regain the freedom you deserve
Some common stairlift myths
- At Acorn we have invested heavily in state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to make owning a stairlift affordable for anyone.
- Our solutions are installed in hours with no changes to your home or damage to decor.
- Quiet, easy operation and power efficiency come standard on all Acorn Stairlifts.
- It's more common than you think to have a stairlift. They are becoming more popular than ever. In fact, every 8 minutes, a new Acorn Stairlift is being installed somewhere around the world. We have over 500,000 satisfied customers!
Key features to look for
Easy to use controlsAll our stairlifts have been tested by real users and awarded with the Arthritis Foundation's prestigious ease-of-use commendation.
The display can be easily used to check the status of the stairlift, as well as being used to easily diagnose faults.
Fitted to the footplate and carriage base, these react by stopping the stairlift if it meets an obstruction.
Swivel seat & safety belt
Makes getting on and off the seat easier and safer.
The seat seat also acts as an additional safety barrier when leaving the stairlift at the top of the stairs.
Why choose Acorn?
- Locally based network of advisors & installers.
- Our stairlifts use innovative FastTrack® technology.
- World leading solutions for any staircase type.
- Over 20 years experience.
- Clean, quiet & easy to use.
- 7 days a week, 365 days a year customer service.
- Response to enquiries within 24 hours.
What our customers say
So easy to use, gives our bodies a gift each time we use our Acorn Stairlift. The representative was great. The installer was too! They made life easier for us. They will do the same for you!
John - New York
James installed my stairlift on Friday July 22. He was very personable and professional. His name is James Devroey. Very nice young man; very informative, explained everything. My initial contact with Doreen who was also very friendly and informative. Nice people. Also the salesman Tim Grady.
Pat - Florida
Yes, we would recommend Acorn Stairlifts. In fact, we would let them come in and try ours to see how great it is!
Robert & Jo Ann - Ohio
Very well pleased with all aspects.
I used to sleep downstairs, but not anymore. Thanks to our Acorn Stairlift.
Anthony - California
We started out using it right away. Very helpful for my wife who has had both knees replaced plus back surgery. I have had 3 knee surgeries. Pacemaker, 7 stints. We hope this stairlift will give us many more years in our home. We are both up in the 80-year bracket. Thank you for all of your help and installation services.
We wholeheartedly recommend Acorn Stairlifts to anyone considering having one installed in their home.
Richard - New York
Very positive. It is a life saver. Has given me back my independent life. Do not have to ask anyone to do or get something for me. My husband and I can stay in our 2 story home.
Roslyn - Maryland
Everyone was very professional and knowledgeable. From the salesman, Scott, to the installer, James.
What is the Ease-of-Use Commendation?
Acorn Stairlifts understand that our number one priority is helping our customers to maintain their independence by overcoming the difficulty with their stairs. By taking the time to speak with each person and get to know their situations and needs, we have come to know that there are many, many reasons why a person may benefit from an Acorn Stairlift.
The Ease-of-Use Program at a glance
The Arthritis Foundation created the Ease-of-Use Program to encourage manufacturers to design user-friendly products and packaging that could be recommended to the millions of people living with arthritis.
The process begins with the manufacturer submitting a product to the Arthritis Foundation for an extensive scientific evaluation. The sole purpose of this evaluation is to determine, quite simply, how easy to use a given product is for people with arthritis. The testing process is as follows:
- Each product is evaluated by a team of scientists, who test them against a number of 'pass' or 'fail' requirements, specific to the type of product under evaluation. For example, how easy is it to open a medicine bottle or to operate a stationary bike?
- The scientists then assess and establish user tasks based on every manner in which someone with arthritis might use the product, from the point at which the product is removed from the packaging - yes, even the package itself is evaluated - through multiple uses.
- Finally, a team of eight testers who have moderate to severe arthritis are evaluated for grip, torque and muscle strength, endurance, pinch force and range of motion. The testers get to open and use the product, and then each is interviewed by the team of scientists to gather their feedback in a real-world setting.
The testing of our stairlifts included some of the following features:
What does this mean for Acorn Stairlifts as a company?
We have always said that our Acorn Stairlifts are comfortable and easy to use...now those points have been scientifically proven!
Currently, Acorn Stairlifts, is the ONLY stairlift manufacturer to earn the Ease-of-Use commendation. We understand that some of our competitors might try to follow suit, but we will always be able to say with confidence that we were the FIRST stairlift to earn it.
This is yet another effort that continues to prove that Acorn Stairlifts is the pioneer in the industry, always striving to stay ahead of the game, and to help our customers by providing the absolute best solution for their needs.
Which Acorn Stairlifts are covered?
Are there other stairlifts that have the commendation?
Currently, Acorn Stairlifts is the only stairlift on the market to have earned the Ease-of-Use commendation. It is yet another effort that continues to prove that Acorn Stairlifts is the pioneer in the industry, always striving to stay ahead of the game, and to help our customers by providing the best solution to their needs.
Learn more about the Arthritis Foundation
You can learn more about the Ease-of-Use Commendation and the Arthritis Foundation, please visit their website at arthritis.org